The Bailey’s Story
Bailey’s Produce, a Pensacola tradition, can trace it’s beginning to 1936 when Doc Bailey began selling crops grown on his family farm in Jay, Florida. He and his wife Helen opened Bailey’s Curb Market on Palafox Street in 1938. Their boys grew up working in the family business. Their son, David (Doc) and his wife Billie put these skills to work and later passed them on to their sons. In 1964 David and Billie opened their market on the old unpaved Pottery Field road. Today we know that as Fairfield Drive. David Jr., Doug and Don worked alongside their parents to provide fresh fruits and vegetables to the Gulf Coast area. Don Bailey worked with his parents after graduating from college and become their business partner. In 2004 Bailey's moved to the current location at 4301 N. Davis Hwy. in Pensacola.
Today, Bailey's Produce & Nursery is committed to continuing decades of serving Pensacola and the surrounding communities with premium products in both the produce area and garden center.